Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Walgreens 2/13 thru 2/19

Walgreens is really quite blah this week.  Since there's not much in the way of Register Reward promos, I headed over to Jewel to spend my time and RR's on the ConAgra Catalina promo running thru Wednesday.  The only spectacular deal I spotted at Wags was for diapers, which we now are constantly in need of since our new daughter's nick-name is "Princess Poops-A-Lot"!  :-)

Walgreens brand premium diapers are on sale this week for $8.99 a pack, B1G1F.  The B1G1 sale brings the price down to $4.49 a pack, which I have learned is a pretty decent price for a package of diapers.  You can turn this into a great price by using the $2 off coupon in the new Walgreens Infant Care coupon booklet.  If your store does not have this coupon booklet out yet, most cashiers will let you give them the code of the coupon to use, and this code is 2844.  At my store, the Wags store coupon took off $2 for each pack, even the FREE one.  I have read that some registers are not taking off the $2 on the FREE package so you will want to watch for this.  Anyway, with the store coupon your price per package is reduced to $2.49 a pack.  Now that's a diaper deal and surely a stock-up price! 

I had never used Walgreens diapers before so when I got home with my first couple packs I gave them a try right away.  They are similar to any other store brand diapers.  I wouldn't say that they compare to the brand names, but they are worth it to use during the day when you are just staying home and not out and about.  I wouldn't trust them overnight or if we would be out for any length of time when I had to rely on a good diaper to hold up.  I will be going back for more and will stock up on several sizes at this price.  My only recommendation on this one if you are going to take advantage of this deal, don't stock up too much on these because the $2 Wags coupon does not expire until 12/31/11. With an expiry date like that, we are sure to see another deal on these before it expires, and who knows, it may be a BETTER deal! I have read that in the past, these diapers have been FREE - FREE is good!

I have read that some of the Wags wipes (which are also part of the B1G1 sale) tubs have peelie coupons on them for $2 off Wags diapers.  I did not look for these when I made my purchase, but I will check for these when I head back today to grab some more diapers.  I will report back what I find out!

1 comment:

  1. My store did not have any of the peelies on the tubs of wipes. I asked my favorite cashier if she had seen them, but she said my store never got those in. If you happen to find these peelies at any stores stop by and leave a comment where you located them.

    ReplyDelete