Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Getting Started: More ways to get great coupons

There's a few more ways you can get great coupons for products that you need or use. 

If there's a product that I use but don't generally see a lot of coupons for I contact the manufacturer directly.  I go to their website and find the "contact us" section.  I send a nice e-mail telling them that I have been a long-time customer of their products and that I try to save money and help meet my family budget by using coupons.  I include my name, address and contact information.  Usually they will respond by mailing you some great value coupons.  They wouldn't want you buying a different manufacturer's products if you find coupons for the others and not theirs.  Sometimes they will tell you that they don't keep mailing lists for customers for coupons and that they put coupons on their website or in the inserts, but "nothing ventured, nothing gained" is the way I see it and it didn't cost me anything to ask, so if they can't or don't send me any coupons I am not out anything but the few minutes of my time it took me to send that e-mail.  It really doesn't hurt to ask!

Another great way to get high value coupons is by signing up for free samples.  You can find these offers at manufacturer websites and store websites.  Walmart and Sam's Club usually offer samples at their websites, and so does Costco.  You will receive the samples, which are usually the small trial size items but along with those trial sizes are some great coupons.  I have never received a trial or sample that was not accompanied by great coupons. 

You will want to watch packaging for additional coupons as well.  A lot of the time, manufacturers will print coupons on the inside of boxes and other packaging.  We do see a lot of those "peelie" coupons on the outside of packages but we often forget to watch the inside of the package for coupons.  Sometimes if there's an insert in the package there will be coupons printed on that.  Make sure you check all the packaging before tossing it into the recycle bin!

Magazines other than All You have manufacturer coupons printed in them along with advertisements.  Some of the more popular ones that I have noted recently with great coupons are Parents Magazine, Country Living and Prevention.  Keep your eyes open in your magazine subscriptions or when you are sitting the doctors or hair-dressers waiting rooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment