Thursday, February 11, 2010

Is coupon clipping worth it?

Thanks to the blog Common Sense With Money for posting this great article over at The Wall Street Journal. This author does a little math and figuring on if coupon clipping is really worth the time and efforts.  He estimates that if coupon clipping were a part time job it would pay $86.40 per hour after taxes. 

I think I would have to agree with his logic and his figures.  I have seen huge results in my own family budget that are the equivalent of this figure.  If you keep organized and stay on track you WILL see results in your family budget that are similar to these figures.  Sometimes it does feel like a part time job and there are other things I would rather be doing but now that I have some solid figures to base my "hourly rate" on, I have the incentive to keep going, stay organized and always be on the lookout for my next deal.

So, whether you are saving for vacation, college or just trying to get out of debt and stay out of debt, coupon clipping is worth your time and effort!  

No comments:

Post a Comment