Friday, March 25, 2011

New Info about eCoupons @ Hilander/Kroger

While I was at Hilander this morning I learned something new from my cashier.  Kroger's registers were re-programmed around the 15th of the month to no longer allow the combination of an eCoupon and a manufacturer coupon on the same product, in the same transaction.  Of course, we all knew that this was part of their policy, but I had never had it enforced before. 

I learned this the hard way this morning, trying to stack multiple discounts.  The register kept beeping and the cashier at first couldn't figure out why, until she read the message on her screen, "coupon already used for this item".  I had to remove a couple items from my transactions, but then when I got out to my van, I realized that one had slipped by the register and gave me both the electronic discount and the manufacturer paper coupon.  All the coupons that wouldn't go through were P&G coupons that I was stacking, the one that got by the register was on French's spicy mustard.  Hmm, I wonder if this is a manufacturer restriction just on P&G products, or if it's across the board?  If it's ALL manufacturers, then why did this one slip through?!?  Report back here with a comment if you try to stack eCoupons and manny Q's with what worked and what didn't, and lets see if we can find the trend.

2 comments:

  1. I stacked coupons this week and last week with no problem. This week my receit has French's, Kraft mayo, and Old Spice. Wonder what is up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stacked coupons recently too and they all worked EXCEPT for charmin!

    ReplyDelete