Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Walmart - New Coupon Policy Update

I stopped in over at Walmart today to try out the new coupon policy.  I was prepared for a "discussion" with a supervisor or manager in regards to my coupons but I was pleasantly surprised.  I had planned to use several Catalina coupons for $XX off items, Register Rewards and several coupons that would get overage. 

I scoped out my favorite, coupon friendly cashier and asked her if she had seen the new policy.  At first, she actually thought I was joking!  She had been off on Sunday and Monday and heard nothing about it.  I shared my copy with her and away we went. 

The register did not beep on any coupons above the value of the item so Walmart must have reset their registers for this, next the Catalina $XX off items coupons scanned perfectly and lastly, the $39 in Register Rewards I used worked perfectly.  The RR's are taken off as cash and they are not even scanned at the register.  I was able to spend RR's on things like milk, bananas and clothing.

To really test this out,  I had to do one more thing.  My last total was $1.01 so I handed her a $5 RR.  She put it in as a cash payment and gave me back $3.99 in change. 

Walmart, you have redeemed yourself and I take back all the negative things I have said/posted about you in the past (for now anyway!).  ;-)

3 comments:

  1. They even price matched milk and strawberries for me from the ads posted on the boards as you walk in - not complete ad in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that too, Tara. They have all the local ads at the registers and automatically price match without you having to point it out. ;-). YAY Walmart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did try out the policy more today. The cashier didn't take any of my coupons, but each time she called the manager over (and it was 6-7 times) there was no hesitation or discussion even the RR and price matching from the posted ads. Seems as if cshiers may not know the policy, but management does :)

    ReplyDelete