Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Walmart - UGH!

Oh, Walmart how you have let me down once again!  And here I thought we had kissed and made up for good.....

Sunday (yes, I am a little behind in getting this out to you!) I had to make an evening run to Walmart to pick up some essentials.  We were out of milk, bananas, bread, salad, etc.  After a busy weekend I was not happy about having to go, but I thought that I could just get in and out with no hassle...WRONG!

First, the store was out of lots of things, who runs out of 1% and whole milk?!?!  Produce was really picked over too, and so was the bread.  I was starting to think that there was some sort of natural disaster predicted that I didn't hear about and peeps were running to the stores to stock up. 

Once I had what I needed, I hit the check out line with four $3 Register Rewards that I had intended on paying with...DENIED!!  The cashiers would only allow ONE RR per transaction because they were interpreting the policy of "one per purchase" as meaning "one per transaction".  Didn't I just use $39 in RR's in ONE transaction here?  I stated my case a little bit, but I was so worn down from the the weekend that I didn't have much left in me to put up a good fight.  After the cashier called over a customer service supervisor, who also denied me, I gave up - I used ONE RR and went on my merry way. 

Now I need to sit down and draft an email to Walmart corporate regarding my experience and using Catalina coupons at their store.  This is not something I want to just let go because the potential for using RR's at Walmart is really beneficial to me and several of my frugal friends.  Just another thing to add to my ever growing list of things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment