Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Anniversary, Saving Money: 101!!

Today, November 21st, marks the 1 year anniversary of this blog!  When I began posting money saving tips and couponing info here I never imagined that a full year later I would still be going strong. 

I started this blog solely to help my friends and family save money.  I had so many of you ask me to teach you my frugal ways that I just couldn't keep up so I had the idea to put all my info in one place that you could come to on a regular basis to find what you need.  I never imagined a year later that there would be about 500 entries and over 6800 visits to this blog!  WHEW!

This blog is purely a hobby for me, I do it because I believe in passing along these deals and helping others.   I also believe in "paying it forward" so why not share some of this info with your friends and family.  That's how I got my start (Thanks, Beth!), and that's how many of you got your start.  Pass along this blog address to anyone who wants to learn.  After all, isn't that what it's all about - helping and teaching others to make the best with what they have?  Whether you are a single individual or a family of 6, it makes smart sense to use your money wisely, especially in these turbulent economic times. 

I love to see all of you saving money and slashing your shopping budget.  I love running into you in the stores and see the cart full of deals you are pushing to the check out line.  I love hearing from you, the deals you find and the $ you have saved.  I have even learned a few frugal lessons myself from some of you!  I think it is great that you all take the initiative to work hard to keep your money in your pocket.  It makes me happy to see you save money for things that are important to you and your family.

The past year has been so much fun blogging and sharing deals and tips - I hope that one year from now this blog will still be here and going strong.  Keep up the great work and continue saving and cutting costs where ever you can.  Remember to send me a note from time to time because I love hearing from all of you - share a great deal, tell me how well you have done, keep in touch.

And, while speaking of "paying it forward" I would like to remind you that with the holiday season right around the corner, there are many that are less fortunate.  Why not consider using your coupon powers for good and make a donation from your stockpile to a local charity, put together a care package for an elderly neighbor or a friend who has lost their job?

No comments:

Post a Comment