Friday, November 12, 2010

I Heart PetSmart!

Dear PetSmart - I luv you! 

PetSmart has been the easiest store EVER to shop at with coupons and as long as they continue to be nice to couponers I will shop there.  :) 

TOTAL: $3.02 OOP for:  
4 small trial bags of Purina Pro Plan cat food
41 3-oz. cans Purina Pro Plan cat food
1 20-lb. container of Tidy Cats scoopable cat litter
(tax was $2.73!)

This was one transaction that I was not prepared for when I got up to the register - it's the first time I ever had to run back and grab MORE to use up all my overage!!  And it wasn't just one or two more cans - I ended up having to add in 14 more cans to get me into positive (by .29) on the register.  The cashier was a little perplexed by my whole transaction so by the end I couldn't even figure out how it played out. 

I did use the $5.00 off ANY Purina Pro Plan food and the B1G1F canned Purina Pro Plan printable manufacturer coupons from Coupons.com to make this transaction work.  The small trial packets are priced at .99, so for each of the $5 coupons I printed, I had $4.01 in overage to spend.  With 4 coupons that's 16.04!   The one thing that threw me for a loop is that when the cashier took off the $ for the "free" can of food, she took off the full .99 & .83 shelf price before my PetPerks card savings.  The PetPerks price on these is .50 a can, so I had an extra .44 or .33 per can to use up that I was not accounting for. 

I also just realized that I think she scanned my $1 off Tidy Cat coupon from the 9/12 RP twice.  There's one $1.00 off coupon on my receipt that I can't account for so I am guessing since she was a little confused she may have inadvertently scanned that one twice. 

Now, I purchased cat food because my barn cats eat this food, but you could work out a similar deal using the dog food packets of Pro Plan and canned dog food. 

I looked high a low in the store for the Purina One pouches so I could throw in some of the .99 cat food pouches and use up my $2.00 off ANY coupons from the 10/17 SS but they were all out.  :(  That would have made this an even better deal!  They did have the Purina One dog food pouches for .99 (10/17 SS) but, darn it all, I used those up at Walgreens already. 

The best part about this deal is that I paid with a $5 bill that I found in the Kohl's parking lot right before I went to PetSmart so really this transaction cost me nothing OOP! 

5 comments:

  1. Way to go! I haven't made my stop there yet, so now Im even more excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Tara ~ I hope the cashier is as good to you as she was to me! :) Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont use any "pet" coupons.... so if anyone wants mine let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heart petsmart too! Was able to find everything except the $5 bill in the parking lot :)

    The 30lb cat liter is on sale for $9.99 with a $5 gift card inside. Not as good of a deal as using the $1Q on the 10lb bags elsewhere (Target is usually $1.75), but with the overage from the other Q's worked well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I have been hearing so many frugal friends comment on their recent trips to PetSmart for this deal - glad to see so many of you taking advantage of it! I am heading back tomorrow for some more fun and games at PetSmart!

    ReplyDelete