Friday, May 20, 2011

In the Home Stretch

WOW, it's been a busy couple weeks.  We are in the home stretch of our frugal adventure!!  If you want to see the progression so far, start here, then look here, and here.  Our renters are moving in over Memorial Day weekend and I think all will be complete and ready for them by then, maybe with the exception of a few last outdoor projects to finish up. 

Watch for final photos real soon, I hope to get them up as soon as I have the last little ends pulled together.  Someday in the distant future I will sit down and look at all the numbers so far and see just where we stand in our frugal adventure.  We are no where near our goal yet, but we also ended up doing a lot more to the house than we originally planned on.   

Since I have been putting in lots of hours working on various things there, I haven't been in the stores at all.  The only place I have set foot in, aside from Menards, is Wal-mart to just grab some of the essentials like milk and bananas.  I think this is the first week since I started couponing that I haven't walked into the door of a Walgreens store!  I miss my deal seeking adventures and hope to be back at it soon.  And when I do you can rest assured that I will be passing along the great deals to you again too! 

I think it is going to take me a week to organize, clean out and clip several weeks of inserts, but I am looking forward to getting back on track, especially with summertime right around the corner.  Time to stock up on all things summer!  I also think it's going to take me some time to get everything at my own house back on track, I may be slow in getting back to deal seeking, but I will get back at it! 

All I have to say is, a week without Walgreens is like a whole week without sunshine!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment