Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Walgreens Super Hero

Today I stopped in at "my" Walgreens to scope out some deals. It felt great to get back into the swing of deal seeking! Our house project (photos to come soon!) is just about complete. There's just a few more outside things that need to be finished up then we are done. Our tenants moved in yesterday because the inside is all finished.

So, in trying to catch up and replenish my stockpile, I hit Walgreens and Walmart today. While I was wandering the aisles at Walgreens I turned from deal seeking coupon shopper to Walgreens Super Hero.

I was standing at the back of the store by the end of aisle 8 checking my list and organizing coupons when I looked up to witness a woman open boxes of cold medicines and dump them into her purse and throw the empty boxes down on the shelf. At first I was really caught off guard, and had a hard time believing what my eyes had just seen. I watched her walk away, grab a 6 pack of Coke and head toward the registers. My quick thinking kicked in so I grabbed the empty boxes and started searching for the manager who I had just had a conversation with minutes before. I swiftly handed them off to him and told him what I saw. By the time he got up to the front of the store, she was already in the parking lot, and had also stuffed the 6 pack in her very large purse. He was able to get her license plate # and watched her blow through a red light to get the heck out of dodge. He came back into the store and immediately contacted the police department. By the time I checked out and got out to my van the police were pulling up.

Fast forward a couple hours later, after the rest of my errands, I was home and the phone rang. An officer was calling to get my side of the story, which I politely explained in detail. He then reported to me that they caught her, and she admitted the whole thing. It's hard to deny it when there's an eye witness and camera footage!

Does't this woman know that theft doesn't pay, but coupon shopping does? ;-)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment