Friday, April 16, 2010

Great News about RR's

I have great news to share about new stores to use your RR's at. 

My frugal friend Tara shopped at Wal-mart (Belvidere, IL) last week and had a little chat with one of the store managers regarding the use of RR's to pay.  She explained how RR's were manufacturer coupons, issued by the manufacturer through Walgreens and that they do not state on them that they are only redeemable at Walgreens.  The manager agreed with Tara that they should be accepted and gave it a try, explaining that if they scanned at the register they would take them.   The RR's scanned and were accepted (happy dance!).  She tried again later in the week and again they were accepted.  I was over at Wal-mart this afternoon with some RR's in my wallet so I decided to give it a whirl.  My favorite coupon friendly cashier,  Becky was working so I really had nothing to loose - I explained it to her, she called over the front end supervisor and he said to give it a try.  The RR's all (about $15) scanned and they accepted them.  YAY!!  I can't wait to try a Catalina from another store there also.  If anyone experiments with this send me a quick note and let me know how it goes. 

Another frugal friend, Katie reported today that she was able to use RR's to pay at CVS (Roscoe, IL).  I was not previously aware that CVS would take these, but I am not a CVS shopper so this could be something new or it could have been an acceptable practice there for awhile - not sure.  But either way, it's yet another new place to use your RR's or Catalinas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment