Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Target and Catalina Coupons

I stopped in over at the Super Target in Algonquin (Randall Road) this afternoon and I have some news to report back. 

First, I was able to use about $37 in RR's and Hilander Catalinas to pay with.  The cashier was really nice, but wasn't sure about taking them so she called over her supervisor.  He hesitated and then I started with my pre-planned explanation that these are actually manufacturer coupons issued by the manufacturer through Walgreens and Hilander.  He stated that they are trying to decide if these are coupons that they should be taking and are waiting on an answer but he would take them "this time".  

Second, this Target store actually had Catalina machines at the registers.  I noticed them right away and inquired about them to the cashier.  She told me that they were very new and she wasn't sure if all stores were getting them.  I asked about what was printing from them and she reported that it was only coupons, like $.50 off a particular product...none that are $XX ONYO.  Personally, I would love to see Target join the Catalina game! 

Lastly, I noticed something when she was scanning the RR's and Catalinas that I was paying with.  I had used various other manufacturer coupons on several of the items that I was purchasing, but not on everything.  After she had scanned most of the RR's and Catalinas, the last one gave a message on the screen that there were more items than coupons.  She was able to override this message but this makes me think that Target rules work like Walgreens with a ratio of coupons to items.  Just something to think about when shopping at Target and trying to use RR's or Catalinas to pay. 

All the RR's and Catalina coupons that I used beeped and required cashier intervention, but when she hit the magic button on the register it accepted the coupons with the proper face value.

I am really hopeful that Target will continue to take RR's and Catalinas - they certainly will get more of my business if I can spend them there.  For those of you that have had difficulty redeeming these at Target stores,  my advice is don't give up.  Have your explanation ready and carry the Target coupon policy with you.  The Target coupon policy specifically states that they take two kinds of coupons: Target issued store coupons and manufacturer issued coupons.  RR's and Catalinas are manufacturer issued coupons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment