Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bring your list and check it twice!

For the first time in about 10 months of rolling Catalina's the "professional couponer" way at Jewel, my Catalina coupon did not print.  I was bummed! 

I had checked and re-checked my figures like I always do and made sure my items met the $20 threshold but no Cat.  The problem was, I didn't check my UPC list.  I was buying the Vegetable Recipe Secrets Soup/Dip Mix that was pictured in the ad so I never checked the UPC list for it.  I wasn't being lazy, I just didn't think I needed to, since it was in the ad it was surely a participating product.  I ended up returning everything in that transaction with my tail between my legs.  If I knew it was my fault I wouldn't have returned the items and just chalked it up to a learning experience, but I was sure it wasn't. 

It really bothered me all the way home and as soon as I arrived there I pulled out the UPC list...sure enough, the Recipe Secrets are not listed on the UPC list.  Make sure you are checking the UPC list for everything - even items that are pictured in the ad.  If it's not on the UPC list, be prepared to be disappointed! 

Catalina may rectify this problem in a day or two, just like they did with the peanut butter on the last Con Agra Catalina promo, and then I will be able to get my dip.  That's usually what happens.  Just wanted to let you know that if you are planning to try it, you may not get the Catalina.

No comments:

Post a Comment