Monday, May 3, 2010

Changes Coming to Wags

There has been talk for about 6 months (or longer) now that Walgreens is going to be upgrading their registers.  There have been reports on CW that these new registers have started to pop up in certain areas.  One of the store managers at "my" Wags has commented to me about the new system and how it works with coupons.  The register will match the coupons to the items on the receipt, similar to how Target receipts print out. 

It seems as if there are some "bugs" that will need to be worked out on the new registers so I am going to recommend that you watch your receipts very carefully if you encounter a store with these new registers.  It has been reported that, when using manufacturer and store coupons together, the register is not recording the manufacturer coupon.  It would be a good idea to have a close estimate on what your total should be before you check out so you can  be sure things worked out the way they should before you pay. 

I have also read reports that it is difficult to apply any additional coupons after the cashier totals the transaction (using RR's after knowing your total). 

Just my guess, but I think the new register system will mean the end of overage with coupons at Walgreens.  The only way we will know for sure is reading information from other shopper's posts and trial and error on our part.  If you have an experience with one of the new registers please send me a note - I would love to get some info on how they are working. 

Stay tuned for additional info as I get it...

No comments:

Post a Comment