Saturday, January 29, 2011

Perfect Baked Potatoes

Frugal Tara's post here for this week's Hilander/Kroger deals made me want to share this spectacular recipe for perfect baked potatoes.  We actually just had these for dinner last night and the potatoes were soo big that they were a meal in themselves!  Ours actually looked much more yummy than this one in the photo, but you get the idea.  My husband topped his with left-over chili I had made earlier in the week and it looked amazing. 

For years I struggled with making a baked potato just like you can get in a restaurant.  My skins would always come out soggy and the potato would be under cooked.  I always used my mom's method of wrapping them in aluminium foil to bake them.  One day I finally decided enough was enough and I searched for the perfect baked potato recipe online and I came across this one.  As soon as I tried it I knew this one was a keeper!  Now we have baked potatoes more often and I think they are better than any potato I have had in a restaurant.  Give this recipe a try, you won't be disappointed at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment