Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Walgreens 1/9 thru 1/15 - Advice on using the B1G1F Special K Coupon - Please Read! **Comments Updated!**

I have to admit that I have been a bit off my couponing game the past couple weeks.  Too much to do and not enough time in the day to get it all done.  At least there has been a lag in deals and I haven't really been missing out on too much.  Wags is a bit slow this week with only a couple things that drew me into the store. 

First, Nature Valley Granola Bars are on sale 2/$4.  There's a couple .50 off coupons here and here and a $1.00 of TWO here.  You  will need a minimum of coupons for 5 boxes to work this deal to your best advantage, so be sure to print two from each link.  There's a RR promo running right now on these bars that gives you back $1.50 wyb 3 boxes, $2.50 wyb 4 boxes or $3.50 wyb 5 or more. 

Then there's the Special K cereal.  In my rush to put together my deals and list for the week I realized after I shopped yesterday that I had used an incorrect coupon on one of the blogged about deals.  Many of the money saving blogs are listing that you can use the B1G1F Special K coupon printed from here to get Special K this week for .25 a box after coupons and RR's.  Well...after reading the fine print on these coupons today, this is not proper coupon usage and I think that we should all refrain from working this deal any further so that we don't abuse the system.  You see, when the coupon prints, it specifically states "Buy any one box of Kelloggs Special K cereal and get one 12 oz. Special K Original or 13.6 oz Multi-grain Oats & Honey cereal FREE.  The problem with this deal that I have is that the only one on sale as part of this RR at Wags is the Special K Red Berries cereal.  You should not be getting a FREE box of Special K Red Berries using this coupon.  Yes, it may work and yes, the cashier might accept it because she/he doesn't read the fine print, but it's still not right.  I made an honest mistake and my cashier did not catch it, but knowingly, I cannot advocate using this coupon again for this deal.  Instead I am going to take the rest of my B1G1F coupons to Hilander and get them for .43 a box, as Tara blogged about here.  I hope that you will refrain from using these coupons as part of this deal also.  **Please see the comments section for more details about using this B1G1F coupon at Wags this week**

I wanted to grab some of the Go! Kids Multi-Vitamin Gummies on RR for FREE this week, but my local stores were out of stock.  Maybe they will have more later in the week.  These are a great way to roll some RR's to extend expiration dates since there's no recent manufacturer coupons for these out. 

Keep your eyes out for clearanced items at Wags stores, there's been loads of things I have seen that are being marked down, from make-up to toothbrushes. 

I also had planned on picking up some FREE toothbrushes with the $2.00 ff 2 Reach coupon listed here, stacked with the $2.00 off in-ad coupon, but I did read that there were lots of beeps when trying this scenario out and since I have enough toothbrushes to last until I am 50 I decided to pass on this one. 

I am planning on heading back to take advantage of a Maalox RR promo running right now.  Buy $30 in participating products, get a $10 RR.  With the recent $5.00 off 1 Maalox coupon we had in the inserts this will make for a great deal.  This is a product that we actually use at our house too!

8 comments:

  1. If you do just 4 boxes of Special K at Hilander and use 2 B1G1 coupons AND a $1/2 from the paper, it will come out to .98 or .25 per box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for pointing that out Tara - makes the deal that much sweeter and the same price as using these coupons incorrectly at Wags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought 1 special k red berries and then 1 special k original at walgreens for the 2 for $5 used the buy1get1 free then got the rr..... is that not correct?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the berry and the original were on sale at Wags. If they are both on sale--then the deal is still a valid one. If the original is not on sale--then it isn't. But being that Melissa got the RR, I'm going to guess it is ok, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, if the Special K Original is part of the RR then it is valid to use this coupon! The ad only shows the Special K Red Berries, and states "select varieties" so I assumed that the Red Berries was the only one part of the RR. Also, when I purchased this cereal on Monday, there was only Red Berries on the shelf...I didn't even see a spot for the Original Special K. Glad that you found the original and it worked!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was told in the past by a cashier there that they don't accept coupons for free items.
    This is a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maria - when you were told that, the cashier probably meant that they don't take internet coupons that are for a free item that did not require any other purchase. These require the purchase of one box to get the other free, and Wags does take them. Wags will also take coupons for FREE items, but I think the cashier really meant internet printed coupons for FREE items.

    ReplyDelete
  8. **UPDATE** I had one extra B1G1F Special K coupon today that I was not going to use at Hilander. I decided to try it out at Wags with the Red Berries Special K and the Original Special K. When I purchased these two varieties, the RR did not print. I don't beleive that the Special K Original is part of the RR promo. If this RR did print early in the sale for some of you, it may have been an error that Catalina caught and corrected. Please DO NOT use the B1G1F coupon to get 2 Red Berries Special K boxes of cereal - it's not proper coupon usage.

    ReplyDelete