Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Walgreens 1/2 thru 1/8

My Wags receipts are pretty pathetic this week, not much in stock at my local store and I don't have much time to do a "Wags crawl" to find what I was hoping to get.  However, yesterday when I stopped back in I did work in a nice MM scenario that I wanted to share with you.  This deal goes out to my frugal friend Danielle, who turns 25 today!  Happy Birthday, Danielle, I hope this little MM tides you over until the next deal comes along! ;-)

There's a RR promo running on L'Oreal products - Buy $15 or more and receive a $5 RR in return.  My store had many L'Oreal lip sticks on clearance for $2.59 a tube.  You will need to grab 6 of these to get up to $15.54 ($15 for the RR promo).  You will want to bring along the L'Oreal coupons from the 1/2/11 RP.  There's two L'Oreal coupons in this insert, so clip both, and depending on how many inserts you get will determine how to work this deal the best.  If you get three inserts, use three of the $5.00 off 2 coupons.  Using those three coupons on the 6 tubes of lip stick brings your price down from $15.54 to .54 for all 6.  Then you get back a $5 RR.  That's a $4.46 MM!!   If you don't have three of the $5 off coupons, you can use a combination of the $5 off TWO coupons with the $2.00 off ONE coupons to make this deal work out, you will have a smaller MM, but still a good deal - FREE "expensive" lipstick and the store pays you to take it off their hands.  It doesn't get much better than that!  (Just a side note, the $5 off coupon beeps for some reason.  It's a legitimate coupon so the cashier should push it through.)

I also wanted to point out that some stores have John Frieda products on clearance.  If you printed the $2.00 off coupons that were recently available you could score some cheap John Frieda products.  There was only one bottle of conditioner on clearance at my store and it was marked $2.29.  .29 for a bottle of conditioner is a good deal.  Check your coupon binder for this coupon and if you have it, why not stroll by the John Frieda products to see what they have on clearance? 

If you have been couponing for almost year, you will find a $2.00 coupon in the 1/24/2010 RP for any size Oscillococcinum.  The Children's Oscillococcinum is on sale this week for $8.99 with a $9 RR in return.  Using this coupon turns this into a $2 MM.  If you want to take advantage of this but haven't been couponing for long, you can print a $2 off coupon here.  This is a .pdf so you might want to save it to your computer for future use, it doesn't expire until 12/2012. 

There's also a MM on Finish dish washing detergent, if you can find it!  I wasn't able to locate any at my Wags store, but found a good deal on it at Jewel stores where it's priced at $2.99 using the $2.25 off coupon from the 1/2 SS.  If you do get lucky and find it at Wags you turn it into a MM with the RR promo running this week.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Deb! Ella is into wearing lipstick (thanks to my MIL) when she plays dress up. I found some pale colors that I am comfortable letting her play with. And I was able to pay for most of my photo order with the RR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Shannon! Ella is probably the only Pre-schooler in the area that wears L'Oreal!! :)

    ReplyDelete