Thursday, March 18, 2010

3/17/10 Shopping Trip (Money Maker!)

I have been stranded at home for the last three days with a sick child, so when my husband got home from work yesterday I felt like I had to get out of the house.  I made a quick run to Walgreens under the false pretense that I needed to get our son some more medicine.  :)  I wanted to share my shopping trip with you. 
I picked up all these items and walked out the door with $1.48 more in my pocket than what I went into the store with.  My profit would have been a little more had I not picked up so many Reeses - I was thinking I had to buy 6, but really only needed to buy 3 - oh well, extra chocolate never hurt anyone! :)  I know it sounds too good to be true to make money shopping, but this is how I did it:

Transaction #1:
Colgate Toothpaste = $3.99
Reese Cups x 6 = $4.77
Sudafed Mist x 2 = $9.98
Excedrin Menstral x 2 = $5.99
Gift Bag x 2 = $3.58
Subtotal = $28.31
Tax = $.81

Minus Manufacturer Coupons:
3 - $.55 Reeses Dark Peanut Butter Cups 1.5 oz or larger (3/14 SS)
1 - $4.00  Sudafed OM .5 oz $4.00 Off 1 AND 1 Sudafed Product (10/4 RP)
1 - $4.00 Sudafed OM .5 oz (3/14 RP)
2 - $1.00 Excedrin Menstral (from ww.excedrin.com)
1 - $1.00 Colgate Total (from the Jewel sale ad in Sunday's paper)

Minus Store Coupons:
$1.83 for in ad (weekly sale flyer) coupon for Reeses
$4.00 for Excedrin Menstral (monthly coupon booklet)

and then minus an additional .90 for the sale on the gift bags which were B1G1-50% off. 

The total on my first receipt was $9.74

Transaction #2, 3 & 4: (all exactly the same)
Colgate toothpaste: $3.99
Subtotal = $3.99
Tax = $.27

Minus Manufacturer Coupons: (1 per transaction)
2 - $1.00 Colgate Total Enamel Strength, Total Advanced Whitening, Total Advanced Clean or Total Advanced Fresh toothpaste 4.0 oz or larger (3/4 SS)
1 - $1.00 Colgate Sensetive (printable from the Colgate website)

The total for each receipt was $3.26

With these transactions I received the following RR's:
4 - $4.00 Colgate RR's (for purchasing each tube of toothpaste)
1 - $5.00 Sudafed RR's  (for purchasing the two Sudafed Mist in 1 transaction)

So I paid $19.52 OOP and left with $21.00 in RR's.

I also stopped over at K-mart to check out the winter clearance.  There wasn't a lot left on the clearance racks, but I was able to score several items for $3.99 or less.  I got much needed items like sweat pants and sweat shirts, winter gloves, thermal shirts and a sweater for myself. 

All in all it was a good shopping trip and much needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment