Friday, March 12, 2010

Stockpiling and Expiration Dates

In our house we sometimes push the envelope on product expiration dates.  When you are a serious couponer, sometimes you over estimate how much your family will need and use before the item gets to it's rock bottom price again; sometimes those items in your pantry don't stay organized and product with an early expiration date gets pushed to the back of the stack.  I will admit, occassionally I make my husband the guinea pig before I will try something beyond it's expiration date myself.  Then again, some things just aren't worth a trip to the E.R. and we let it go.  If you have ever wondered about expiration dates and if you should chance it, this is a great article to read. 

Of course, keeping organized and being realistic about your estimates are ways to assure you don't have a lot of expired food laying around but this article really makes me feel better about some of the chances I have taken in eating items beyond their "sell by" date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment