Sunday, March 28, 2010

3/28/10 Shopping Trip (Money Maker!)

I usually don't get out and start my shopping on Sunday, it's usually our family day.  Since our son is on spring break all week, I thought I would venture out today while he had a "Daddy & Me" day so I wouldn't have to drag him shopping during the week (well, at least not as much-LOL!).  I had a great day of deals that I wanted to share with you.  I was able to go to two different Walgreens stores, Target and Hilander.  Since there are so many Wags stores, I try not to clear out the shelves at any one store, so I will usually shop at a couple different ones along the way. 

Starting with Walgreens:

At two stores I did a total of 6 transactions, 4 at the first store and 2 at the second store.  Since I did so many transactions, I won't list them all individually because they were each different, but I will give you run down of all the coupons that I used and how much of a MM day this was. 

6 Dulcolax
3 Simply Saline
6 Dentex Floss
6 Vitamin/Sobe Life water
4 Dove hair care products
2 Reeses Dark Chocolate peanut butter cups
2 One Daily mens vitamins (Walgreens Brand)
2 One Daily womens vitamins (Walgreens Brand)
5 Air Wick Freshmatic Compact iMotion Starter Kit (on sale 50% off  = $3.99 each)

Coupons Used:
6-$4.00 Dulcolax coupons (http://www.dulcolaxusa.com/)
3-$1.00 Simply Saline 1/24 S
6-$1.00 Dentek Floss 1/17 S
6-$2.00 Free bottled water with purchase of Dulcolax 3/7 S & hangtags on some bottles (coupon deducts full $2.00)
2-$1.50 Dove hair care product 3/28 RP
2-$1.50 Dove hair daily treatment conditioner 3/28 RP
2-$.55 Reeses Dark Peanut Butter Cups 1.5 oz or larger 3/14 S
5-$4.00 Air Wick Freshmatic Compact iMotion Starter Kit 3/7 S
Walgreens in ad coupon for Reeses candy
4-$1.00 RR's from last week (Crest Pro-Health)

Total OOP = $81.80 (+ $4.00 in RR's - like cash)
Total RR's received = $121.00
Total profit = $35.20

My frugal friend Tara alerted me to these great deals at Hilander.  It's not a store that I normally shop at since I don't get their flyer but I thought I would give it a try since it's a slow week at Jewel.  Hilander has a March to Savings Sale going on right now (thru 3/31) so for every 8 items you purchase from the list,  $4.00 is deducted from your total.  This deal stacks so I only had to do one transaction.  Most of my items are participating products of that sale. 

Tara also told me about an online game that you can play at the Hilander website called Hit the Hoops.  If you win, the prize is automatically loaded to your Hilander card, just like electronic coupons.  Go here to play the game.  I haven't been lucky enough to win, but prizes include free products and a $5.00 off coupon.  Maybe you will be lucky and win. 

Here's what I purchased at Hilander:
                            
9 Ronzoni Smart Taste Pasta
6 Bumble Bee Tuna
1 Annie's Mac N Cheese
3 Pop Tarts
1 Vitamin Water
1 Chex Mix
1 NV Granola Nut Clusters
3 Ore-Ida Hash Browns
1 Daisy Sour Cream
1 Fiber One Yogurt
3 Betty Crocker Mashed Potato Pouches
2 boxes Go-Gurt yogurt
1 Gallon Milk
1 Head Lettuce
1 Cucumber

$12.00 deducted for the March to Savings Sale (three sets of 8 participating products)
Coupons Used:
1-$1.00 off Ronzoni Pasta from Better Homes & Gardens (April)
8-$.75 off Ronzoni Pasta (various printables here & here - printed from 3 computers)
6-$.55 Bumble Bee Tuna Pouches 2/21 S (coupon doubles up to price of tuna)
1- FREE Vitamin water (Facebook coupon - mailed to me)
1-$1.25 off three Pop Tarts 3/28 RP
1-$.50 off Chex Mix - from home mailer booklet (coupon doubles to $1.00)
1-$1.00 off Fiber One yogurt - from home mailer booklet
3-$1.00 Ore-Ida Hash Browns 3/21 S
1-$.50 Daisy Sour Cream  3/28 S (doubles to $1.00)
1-$1.00 off two Betty Crocker Potatoes - from home mailer booklet
1-$.25 off Betty Crocker Potatoes 3/28 S (coupon doubles to $.50)
1-$1.00 off NV Granola Nut Clusters 2/21 S
1-$.80 electronic coupon for Yo-Gurt (shortcuts)
1-$1.00 electronic coupon for Fiber One Yogurt (Shortcuts)
1-$1.00 electronic coupon for NV Granola Nut Clusters (Cellfire)
1-$.50 electronic coupon for Chex (Shortcuts)

Received back $3.00 Catalina for the Betty Crocker Potato pouches
Total OOP = $12.87

Lastly, at Target I picked up just a few things.  I really only went there to get one item for my son but I grabbed a few freebies while I was there.  I don't have a photo of this one because the toy that I bought is still hidden in my van - LOL!

2 St.Ives trial size body wash
2 St. Ives trial size facial scrub
2 Johnson & Johnson First Aid kit
1 Bucket of Toy Story Army Men (a special treat for later this week)

Coupons used:
1-$.05 reuseable shopping bag credit
2-$1.00 St. Ives body product 3/21 S
2-$1.50 St. Ives facial product 3/21 S
2-$1.00 Johnson & Johnson Red Cross Product 3/14 RP
1-$10.00 Register Reward from Walgreens (this was GREAT!!)

Total OOP: $3.46 (+ $10 RR - like $6.00 cash from MM Dulcolax deal above)

So, all in all, today was a great shopping day.  My frugal friend Lisa always refers to shopping like this as "coupon crack" and I would have to agree with her after a day like this.  I was on quite a high after all this.  Afterall, I came home with $12.87 more than I left with and all of the above product.  Who wouldn't be on a high after that?

No comments:

Post a Comment