Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lysol No-Touch Hand Soap System

I have had my eye on the Lysol No-Touch Hand Soap System since it came out.  I wanted to give it a try for two reasons, one - I am a germ-a-phob and this seems like it's pretty sanitary and secondly because I have a 5 year old who tends to waste soap.  These are priced at $14.99 at Walgreens so I had been hoping for a decent sale sometime soon.

I noticed that there was a $5 Walgreens store coupon for the starter kit in the April coupon booklet.  I also noticed a $5 manufacturer coupon in the 3/28 SS.  When I stacked both of these coupons I was able to get the starter kit for $4.99.  I thought that was a pretty good deal so I picked up one for each of our bathrooms.  The starter kit includes the no-touch dispenser, 1 bottle of hand soap and 4 AA batteries.  The dispenser is a big hit at our house and I love that the amount of soap is regulated for our son.  So far, so good!  My only complaint is that the batteries that came with the one unit didn't even last 24 hours.  I hope they were just duds and that this dispenser doesn't go through batteries that fast. 

Now to find a deal on the refills!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I was thinking about buying a couple of these for our bathrooms, how long do the batteries last on average?
    Thanks!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria ~

    These are a really good deal with the coupons, but I wouldn't buy them. The ones I had were really bad with the batteries...I think they were defective. I sent them back to the company and they refunded my money. It's a great idea for a product but I think it still needs some improvement!

    Take care,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete